Recently I replaced my 24/7 thin client with an ALIX 2D3, which offers much less number crunching power than the 1.4 GHz Athlon of the former but has a significantly better form factor.

In order to offload as much as possible from the new hardware I set up a CUPS Raw Queue on the ALIX, used by my workstation's CUPS server via the following URL:


(The version=... suffix was required because I run Debian on the Alix which uses an old CUPS version not capable of IPP 2.0, which is default for newer CUPS clients.)

The I ran into was that all print jobs to the ALIX were marked as finished successfully but the printer actually did not print anything.

Here's the solution: appending compression=none to the printer URL: